🔎 Tocino de cielo has been conquering the sweetest palates since it was first made in a convent in Jérez more than 100 years ago.
This sacred origin is due to the fact that its clerics did not know what to do with the excess eggs they had. With a lot of them and only four more ingredients they made one of the desserts that has managed to remain the longest in our pastries. A real success for its flavor and silky and pleasant texture.
Learn in this Friday's recipe how to prepare your own heavenly bacon dumplings in the blink of an eye 👀
-500 gr sugar
-250 cl of water
-15 units of egg yolk
- First of all, we will make a syrup with the sugar and water that we will heat until the sugar dissolves.
- Once the syrup is removed from the heat, add the yolks and blend.
- We place the mixture in a mold that we will cover with film and make some holes with the tip of the knife.
- We place a container with water to make steam inside the oven and preheat to 100 degrees.
- Once the oven is preheated, we introduce the tocino de cielo at 100 degrees for 55 minutes.
- We remove from the oven and cool. We already have the filling for our empanadas !
- We place the dough on the table and put a spoonful of heavenly bacon in the center. We paint the edges of the dough with a little water so that it sticks well, we close it and set it aside.
- We only have to fry it in sunflower oil that we will have at about 180 degrees.
Once fried, we coat them in sugar and cinnamon and we have them ready to plate and enjoy.