🥄 When shopping at the market for his restaurant , Pablo discovered that the pea pod is that part that causes the purchase price to rise a lot by influencing the final weight of the product so much. In addition, we tend to throw away the sheath and do not take advantage of all the potential it can offer us.
In this recipe, the chef will teach us how to use them to prepare them in a different and original way, boosting all the flavor they give to the dishes 😉
PEAS POD SMOOTHIE
- Once the peas have been peeled, we save the pods, which we can even freeze beforehand so that they do not go bad.
- We put water to boil in a saucepan where we will pour the pea pods for 2 minutes. From there we will quickly remove them and pour them into a container with water and ice, where we will cool them and activate the chlorophyll.
- We take them out of the ice and drain them, placing them in a bowl, where we season them with oil and salt.
- We sauté the seasoned pods in a frying pan over high heat without browning them too much.
- Finally, all that remains is to pass the pods through the blender, where we will obtain an impressive green pea nectar.
Here I leave you another recipe as a gift where you can apply this delicious smoothie.
HAKE WITH POD LIQUEFIED SIDE
In this preparation, what we will do is ask our trusted fishmonger to remove the hake loins (if possible, they can also be slices).
- In a saucepan we put a finger of virgin olive oil and add a slice of peeled garlic. We place the saucepan over low heat so that it starts to soften and brown very little by little.
- In a frying pan with a little oil, grill the hake.
- When we have it almost ready, we add the pea pod smoothie and let it cook for a few minutes.
- When we are about to remove them from the heat, we add some fresh peas and let them cook for a few seconds. We will now be ready to plate!
- Once served on the plate we will add the garlic chips and a little bit of oil that we made previously.