🐙 Today I have prepared a traditional Murcian dish that uses the king of the sea as the protagonist.
Roasted octopus is one of those preparations with which you will not leave anyone indifferent due to its great flavor and tender meat (if prepared well!). In addition, it is a very healthy product that has very low levels of fat, so it is perfect for taking care of your figure this summer 😁
- We clean the suction cups well with plenty of water, making sure that there is no dirt left on them. The first thing we will do is scare the octopus. How do we do this and what is it for? Scaring the octopus helps us make it more tender and the skin does not fall off when cooking it.
- The next step will be to take the octopus by the head and immerse it three times in boiling water.
- We place it on our oven tray well stretched.
- We add 1 glass of beer and 1 glass of water and season the potatoes with black pepper and a splash of extra virgin olive oil.
- We cover the tray with aluminum foil and place the octopus in the oven at 160 degrees for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- To make sure that the octopus is tender, we stick a toothpick into it, observing that it goes in almost without applying pressure. If this is so, we already have it ready.
A magnificent recipe with which we can fill the table at our celebrations.