🥦 Broccoli stem is a superfood full of nutrients but unfortunately it continues to go to the trash on a regular basis. For me, however, it is a fundamental ingredient in cooking that can be used in stir-fries, ratatouille or woks.
That's why today I'm going to show you a very simple way to prepare it to avoid food waste.
HOW TO PREPARE THE BROCCOLI STEM
- First of all, we will separate the flower stem by cutting it.
- We will observe that the stem has a very thick skin so we remove it by peeling it with a knife or peeler.
- Once the skin is removed, we will only be left with the center of the stem, which we will see has a light green color.
- Well, once this is done, we will make strips with the peeler as wide as possible and we will put them in water and ice so that we have a much crispier texture. This way we would have it ready to eat raw or to incorporate it into our recipes, like the following one.
BROCCOLI STEM, CURRY CREAM CHEESE AND CRISPY ONION SNACKS
We are going to prepare this healthy snack taking advantage of this part of the broccoli that we had not considered using before.
– Step 1: First, we will remove the stem of the broccoli that we have previously prepared from the water and ice and we will drain it on absorbent paper.
– Step 2: For the cream cheese, we pour it into a bowl and add the curry powder. With the help of a rod or a spoon, we stir it until we have a homogeneous paste and the curry is completely incorporated.
– Step 3: Now all that remains is to place the curry cream on top of the broccoli and finish by dressing it with crispy onion that we find on any large surface and place it on a plate. Ready!
And so ends this fantastic snack with which we will conquer our guests!